You are trying to upload a large number of companies from a spreadsheet (XLS or CSV) while creating or editing an Accounts channel but nothing happens or each time it tells you there are subsidiary-parents found, whichever option you choose, the screen freezes and you cannot continue or the following error is displayed:
504 Gateway Time-out.
This is a known issue that is being investigated by our development team. As a workaround, you can upload the desired companies in the following way:
- Start creating a new Accounts channel or open an existing channel and click on the Cog icon, then select Edit <Your channel name>.
- Copy up to 100 companies from your spreadsheet.
- Paste the company names into the Add Your Accounts field and click Add to list.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes while FirstRain is processing the companies (the page will be greyed out in the meantime).
Then, the page is refreshed and the companies should be displayed under the Companies Tracked section.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to add more companies if needed.
- Click Update Channel or Create Channel in the top right corner of the page.
The issue when companies are not uploaded from a CSV/XLS file is tracked in the Jira FIRSTRAIN-32556.